- by Joseph Mwenya on 18 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Daniel Chansa on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 17 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
PF members demanding government contracts shouldn’t inform the media, says Davies MwilaBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 30 Jun 2017
In this audio, Patriotic Front Secretary General Davies Mwila says ruling party officials who want government contracts shouldn’t rush to the media to discuss internal matters publicly.
Mwila was talking to News Diggers! in an interview to express his disappointment over a team of PF officials in the region that is pressing for the removal of Permanent Secretary Chanda Kasolo and his deputy Patrick Mwanawasa, on grounds that they were not giving them government contracts.
He said disciplinary action will be taken against the party provincial secretary Joseph Kolosa and his group because they reported their demands to the media instead of following established channels, privately.
“First and foremost they are not suppose to wash the dirty linen in public. And that matter the provincial Chairman is going to deal with that matter because they were not suppose to go to the media because that is indiscipline. And action will be taken by the provincial chairman,” said Mwila.
“Disciplinary action will be taken against all those who are involved. If they have any grievance they are suppose to follow the right procedure or channel. But for them to go to the media, then something is wrong with them and disciplinary action will be taken against them. And in future they have to refrain from going to the media because that is an internal matter, they are suppose to resolve this matter internally.”
Take a listen:
On June 18, Patriotic Front officials in Eastern Province rose against senior government officers, demanding their immediate transfer because they are giving government contracts to members of opposition political parties.
“We are already poor, so we are ready for any consequences of our demands. We joined PF so that tikazipezako pamimba. We are in the ruling party to eat but our stomachs are shrinking,” Kolosa said at a highly charged gathering attended by PF supporters.
“We are demanding the removal of Chanda Kasolo, Deputy PS Patrick Mwanawasa and Chipata District Commissioner, Kalunga Zulu from their respective offices. Bayende, they must go! we need to eat. As a ruling party in the province, we are pleading with massive pain and sorrow that these must go. They have not been working and supporting the party in any way. This has pained us, we are not happy, they are not working with us, but they have continued to occupy these offices.”
Take a listen:
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- MDC engineering in deep trouble for failing to supply dredgers - 18 Dec 2017
- Chiefs are dishing out land to Chinese illegally – Kapata - 18 Dec 2017
- Saboi’s defection is healthy for us – UPND - 18 Dec 2017
- New US Envoy pledges support towards electoral reforms - 15 Dec 2017
- I respect Lungu but I will insult him if he wants me to – Musenge - 14 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend