- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Oct 2017by Patricia Mbewe and Anastasia Kasongo on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 23 Oct 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017
Katete teacher beheads ‘cheating’ wifeBy Joseph Mwenda on 17 Jul 2017
A teacher at Omelo Mumba primary school in Katete district has beheaded his wife whom he suspected of having an extra marital affair.
Eastern Province police commissioner Alex Chilufya confirmed the incident and identified the victim as Mumba Kalaba, and the husband as Tobias Mwale, 33.
“The victim is Mumba Kalaba, 26, of Ibex Compound Katete but is from Yasakwa village chief Mabumba, Mansa, a midwifery at Kasama General Hospital. She was murdered in a marital dispute by Tobias Mwale husband,33, of the same address; a teacher at Omelo Mumba Primary School. A blood soaked machete was found at the scene with head almost severed from the body and cuts on the neck,shoulder and left wrist. The suspect is in police custody for murder,” said Chilufya.
And a Katete resident who visited the crime scene narrated that Mwale suspected the wife of cheating on him with her Ex.
“What happened is that the wife had a child before getting married to this man. We understand that this lady was sponsored to college by her husband. So it so happened that she was posted to Kasama General Hospital where she was working as a nurse. Now apparently, she had a child before getting married to this teacher; and the father to her child, we understand also works at the same hospital in Kasama. But the child was staying here in Katete,” the witness narrated.
“Three days ago, she came to Katete to visit her husband and her child. Now, it seems the husband had heard stories that his wife wanted to leave him for the father of the child. So it’s like when the wife said she wanted to return to Kasama with the child, the husband confirmed that she wanted to leave him. We understand the man found messages on her phone from the Ex, telling her to leave him so that they start living together in Kasama. That’s how they started having an argument which led to a fight.”
The witness narrated that in the course of the fight, the husband produced a knife and sliced the wife’s throat.
“The whole incident took place in the bedroom. He killed her using a sharp panga to cut off her head. She was found lifeless in the bedroom wearing just an underwear,” narrated the witness who sent pictures to News Diggers! too graphic to publish.
“The mother to the murdered wife has been called and told that her daughter is very sick in ICU and she needs to travel immediately.”DIG THIS (LIKE) 11+
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge’s prayer position sparks debate - 19 Oct 2017
- Lungu heads to Congo Brazzaville, then Ivory Coast - 16 Oct 2017
- Lusaka wife stabs hubby to death in his sleep - 15 Oct 2017
- Our fire tenders look like wheelbarrows – Minister - 15 Oct 2017
- Police arrest 17 for burning Mufumbwe police station - 15 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend