- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Patricia Mbewe on 16 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 12 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Wynter visits HH in prison: “He needs encouragement and support”By Mukosha Funga on 4 Aug 2017
In this audio, Wynter Kabimba says he visited UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema because he is not among those in the UPND who attack him.
In an interview after leaving Mukobeko Maximum Security Prison, Kabimba said he encouraged HH to be strong.
“I visited him, he is looking well, I encouraged him and tried to strengthen him. I told him that this too shall pass when Charles Taylor said at The Hague, that ‘this too shall pass’. I told him ‘be strong, this too shall pass’. Though shall not return evil with evil. I don’t want to be recruited into the spirit of those that attack me. After all, those that attack me are not the ones that are in prison. They are not in the conditions in which HH is and I cannot punish HH for what his people say against me. I don’t think that that is good leadership. If any UPND member has wronged me, it doesn’t mean that all the people in the UPND have wronged me. If one member of the UPND insults me, it doesn’t mean that everybody in the UPND has insulted me,” Kabimba said.
Kabimba also said when HH was finally acquitted, he would have already been unfairly punished by the poor prison conditions.
“So I have to take them as individuals and HH, in the situation he is in, he needs encouragement from those of us that are outside because we don’t know the conditions and prison conditions in this country are deplorable that’s why I don’t agree with this new terminology that they are correctional facilities. They are not correctional facilities, there is no way you can correct somebody’s behavior in deplorable conditions. So they are prisons. They can use [the term] correctional facility because that’s what the donors who are giving them the money want them to call them but in terms of the conditions, these are deplorable conditions and our people are still living in primitive kind of prison facilities…where you are being punished before you are even convicted by a court of law,” said Kabimba.
“So anybody who tells me that these are correctional facilities, I tell them it is nonsense. What we are running prisons. There is no way you can out somebody in those conditions who has not even been tried or convicted because even if HH is finally acquitted, he has been punished enough just by going through those conditions.”
Take a listen:
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- DPP abusing nolles – HH - 17 Oct 2017
- UNZA gives “Ruins” to female students in a bid to stop riots - 16 Oct 2017
- IMF presses Zambia redefine its borrowing plans - 16 Oct 2017
- Chama reiterates govt’s support for aviation industry - 16 Oct 2017
- Amnesty International SG to discuss human rights challenges with Lungu, others - 16 Oct 2017
You may also like...
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend