- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
PF cadres beat traffic police officersBy Joseph Mwenda on 17 Sep 2017
In this video, a renowned PF cadre Munir Zulu and and his ‘boys’ identified as Wayo and George are seen exchanging punches with traffic police officers in Lusaka’s Emmasdale area.
A witness narrated to News Diggers in an interview that Zulu was trying to retrieve his driver’s licence from one of the police officers after it was confiscated on grounds that he was speaking on the phone while driving.
“Those police officers are from Emmasdale Police Station and it happened on Friday. What happened was that, there is a PF cadre called Munir Zulu. He is the one who was beating up those police officers with his boys. He is in the video, he is that smallest in blue jeans, that’s Munir Zulu. The one who is wearing white is another PF cadre called Wayo and the one in red towards the end of the video is a guy called George,” the witness explained.
“So Munir Zulu was stopped by traffic police because he was speaking on the phone. Munir was driving a Mercedes Benz ML with a South African number plate. When he stopped, the police officer got the driving licence from him and told him to park.”
Munir told the police officer that ‘I can fire you myself’. He then instructed the thugs that he was driving with and they got out of the car and started beating the traffic officer. If you go to Emmasdale Police now, you will find Munir Zulu’s driving license, it’s still there. He ordered his thugs to get the driver’s licence by force! He is there in the video; and the good thing is that the police still have his license.
Take a look:
Zulu is said to be a businessman with a recognisable footprint in State House. During a PF fundraising event on May 1, 2017, Zulu bought President Edgar Lungu’s hat from an auction sale at K185, 000.
When contacted for a comment, Police Spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo said she had seen the video but was still gathering facts.
“I have just seen the video and I am still trying to get information as to what exactly happened. The Problem that we have is that when such things happen, people rush to the media instead of registering the complains with the police first. So I can’t confirm if there is an officer who is detained, but what they did is in public domain so I will get back to you when I get the information,” she Katongo.
Moments later, Katongo called back and explained that the officers involved were from Garden Police post.
“These are officers under Garden Police post which is under Emmasdale Police. The officer in charge has said that he is waiting for the police officers, because they are the ones who were involved and they can give more accurate information. I am still waiting for a report on what transpired and the action taken on those involved. But no one was detained,” said Katongo.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF - 18 Nov 2017
- Lungu is concerned with Zim situation - 17 Nov 2017
- Lungu recalls drunk, disloyal diplomats - 15 Nov 2017
- $1 million fire tender damaged in accident - 14 Nov 2017
- Lungu heads to Egypt for 3-day state visit - 13 Nov 2017
You may also like...
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend