- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Zambians must force Kanganja out of office – HHBy Mukosha Funga on 30 Sep 2017
In this audio, UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema says Zambians must force Inspector General of Police Kakoma Kanganja out of his office.
In a statement issued by his deputy press secretary Brian Mwiinga today, HH observed that Kanganja was just a tool for the Patriotic Front.
HH also told Kanganja to drop the charges against the fire tender protesters, saying it was their constitutional right to express displeasure.
“It is totally unacceptable for Kakoma Kanganja and his police to arrest those who are exercising their constitutional right to protest peaceful. Kanganja must drop all these charges that have been levelled against our colleagues and he is the one who should explain to the people of Zambia why he is shielding the PF from their corruption,” HH said.
“He must resign forthwith, if not, the people of Zambia working together must force him out of that public office because he has failed them all.”
He said Kanganja had committed too many crimes against citizens.
“It is important for us to accept as Zambians, to convince ourselves that Kanganja has failed to discharge his duties as Inspector General of Police. He has committed heinous crimes against citizens over and over yet he remains in office drawing a a hefty salary from the very tax payers that he is brutalising every day. It is now time for the people of Zambia to act together in calling for the resignation of Kakoma Kanganja as Inspector General of Police because there is no doubt in my mind that the citizens of Zambia have lost confidence in Kakoma Kanganja in heading the police. It is very clear that Kakoma Kanganja is just a tool for the PF and that is why he is protecting PF,” said HH.
“I wish to sympathise with my sister Laura, my brother and Musician Chama Fumbe also known as Pilato, my brother Lewis Mwape, my sister Mwambazi, my brother and musician Pilato, who is Chama Fube, my brother Lewis Mwape and others who were incacerated for committing no crime. Otherwise incarcerated for exercising their constitutional right to a peaceful demonstration over a very appropriate matter of the stench of corruption in the PF government. I urge all of them to remain strong as they continue together with all of us to serve the vulnerable people of Zambia who are denied basic services. Let us continue serving the people together because we cannot fail if we work together to fight this corruption that PF has tried to make normal in our society. Corruption is not normal and it must go together with the PF out of our sight so that we can bring normalcy to out country.”
Take a listen:
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- UNZA owes ZRA, others K2.8bn, as audit reveals mismanagement of funds - 7 Apr 2020
- State of Emergency unnecessary – Kasonde - 30 Mar 2020
- Southern Africa Human Rights Defenders Network calls for Sangwa’s reinstatement - 20 Mar 2020
- Parley adjournment God-given opportunity to campaign for Bill 10 – Lubinda - 20 Mar 2020
- UN Rapporteur on Independence of Judges and Lawyers defends Sangwa - 16 Mar 2020
- It’s inhuman for Chanda to undermine HH’s donation of soap, sanitisers – UPND (3,216 views)
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects? (2,695 views)
- UPND blames Nangula loss on COVID-19 (2,222 views)
- Kampyongo's mockery of people on ARVs unacceptable - NAC (2,126 views)
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya (1,588 view)
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us?
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects?
- We’re already on lockdown – Lungu
- Introduce SI to stop landlords from collecting rentals, Changala urges govt
- Why whip patrons if there's no lockdown?
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «April 2020»
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
[search_popup]Send this to a friend