by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Sep 2019
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 5 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Zambians must force Kanganja out of office – HHBy Mukosha Funga on 30 Sep 2017
In this audio, UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema says Zambians must force Inspector General of Police Kakoma Kanganja out of his office.
In a statement issued by his deputy press secretary Brian Mwiinga today, HH observed that Kanganja was just a tool for the Patriotic Front.
HH also told Kanganja to drop the charges against the fire tender protesters, saying it was their constitutional right to express displeasure.
“It is totally unacceptable for Kakoma Kanganja and his police to arrest those who are exercising their constitutional right to protest peaceful. Kanganja must drop all these charges that have been levelled against our colleagues and he is the one who should explain to the people of Zambia why he is shielding the PF from their corruption,” HH said.
“He must resign forthwith, if not, the people of Zambia working together must force him out of that public office because he has failed them all.”
He said Kanganja had committed too many crimes against citizens.
“It is important for us to accept as Zambians, to convince ourselves that Kanganja has failed to discharge his duties as Inspector General of Police. He has committed heinous crimes against citizens over and over yet he remains in office drawing a a hefty salary from the very tax payers that he is brutalising every day. It is now time for the people of Zambia to act together in calling for the resignation of Kakoma Kanganja as Inspector General of Police because there is no doubt in my mind that the citizens of Zambia have lost confidence in Kakoma Kanganja in heading the police. It is very clear that Kakoma Kanganja is just a tool for the PF and that is why he is protecting PF,” said HH.
“I wish to sympathise with my sister Laura, my brother and Musician Chama Fumbe also known as Pilato, my brother Lewis Mwape, my sister Mwambazi, my brother and musician Pilato, who is Chama Fube, my brother Lewis Mwape and others who were incacerated for committing no crime. Otherwise incarcerated for exercising their constitutional right to a peaceful demonstration over a very appropriate matter of the stench of corruption in the PF government. I urge all of them to remain strong as they continue together with all of us to serve the vulnerable people of Zambia who are denied basic services. Let us continue serving the people together because we cannot fail if we work together to fight this corruption that PF has tried to make normal in our society. Corruption is not normal and it must go together with the PF out of our sight so that we can bring normalcy to out country.”
Take a listen:
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Lungu fires 3 permanent secretaries, makes reshuffles - 3 Sep 2019
- ZRA resolves $7.6 billion tax “evasion” by Kalumbila, waives some penalties - 26 Aug 2019
- Kabwe children contaminated with toxic Lead, reveals Human Rights Watch - 26 Aug 2019
- Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunk - 25 Aug 2019
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye - 23 Aug 2019
- If you don’t want to refine our constitution, we will refine it - Lungu (2,576 views)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (2,543 views)
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them (1,419 view)
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi (1,235 view)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,123 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend