- by Julia Malunga on 20 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 19 Aug 2019
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 17 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 16 Aug 2019
- by Julia Malunga on 19 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Aug 2019by Daniel Chansa on 16 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Lungu shouldn’t die, I want to meet him in 2021 – KambwiliBy Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2018
NDC leader Chishimba Kambwili says no one should kill President Edgar Lungu so that he can meet him on the ballot in 2021 when he will be challenged to tell Zambians where his wealth came from.
And Kambwili says his life is a testimony because God moved him from a little boy who used to ‘soil himself’ on the bed to the man he is today.
Speaking at the NDC’s final rally to drum up support for the party’s mayoral candidate Saboi Imboela in Matero constituency ahead of today’s mayoral election, Wednesday, Kambwili said he wanted to meet President Lungu on the ballot in 2021.
“You can go and check my declarations. In 2011, my assets were K50 million, I wasn’t in government, I made my money before joining government. And now they want to say that I stole? For him he had K1 million and today he has K23 million? Dear God, I pray that please, don’t let Lungu die so that I can deal with him, he has stolen too much. Please bless him, he shouldn’t die. I want when 2021 comes, I should find him, with [Stephen] Kampyongo so that they can tell us where they got the money,” Kambwili said.
And Kambwili said his life was a testimony and he didn’t want Zambians to suffer the way he did growing up.
“I will die for the truth. So if they think they will scare me into not talking about their theft, they are wasting time because I will never stop. God sent me on this earth so that all those things I went through, as you see me here, I wasn’t even this fat. I was very poor growing up just like you people here. My father was a miner and we were 13 in the family. In my father’s family, they were five but he was the only educated one so whenever he went to the village, they would give him relatives to bring home and take care of,” he narrated.
“We were so crowded in the house…we used to sleep on a mat and I used to wet the bed at that time. When I wake up, I would have urine marks on my thighs. I suffered so much, when mum cooked chicken it was a special occasion. Those are the things which I wouldn’t want to see Zambians going through.That is why I joined politics so that I can try to develop this country so that citizens can lead better lives. Now these leaders we have came to steal.”
He begged Zambians to give him a chance to rule while he still has energy.
“Give me an opportunity to lead this country whilst I still have energy. For Mr [Michael] Sata, you waited until he was old and tired to vote for him and he died just after two years. But please, don’t do that to me, vote for me while I have energy and see the things I will do for this country…I can wash this country and the people can be happy,” said Kambwili.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- We can give mine licenses to Zambians, but we also need foreign investors – Musukwa - 19 Aug 2019
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president - 14 Aug 2019
- Lungu meets Vedanta boss, insists liquidation will proceed - 14 Aug 2019
- Bill 10 illegal, ConCourt must act without fear – TIZ - 14 Aug 2019
- ECZ finally announces Nshindano as new CEO - 13 Aug 2019
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,123 views)
- Lungu is in gear 5 of 2021 campaigns (1,848 view)
- Mercury Security Services sues Lusaka lawyer over K2m fees (939 views)
- UPND reports GBM to police for 'tribal hatred' (894 views)
- Only a miracle can stop kwacha’s depreciation – Hamaundu (880 views)
- Lungu must urgently declare hunger crisis, insists HH
- We’re a hungry nation because we insist that maize is our staple food
- The corrupt are evil, we must not glorify those who steal from us – Musa
- We can give mine licenses to Zambians, but we also need foreign investors – Musukwa
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up – Nkombo
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Don’t tell us what to do, if you see hunger, just donate, Lungu responds to British Envoy
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend