- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 22 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Lusambo de-campaigns Luanshya Mayor ahead of C/Belt intra party pollsBy Sipilisiwe Ncube in Lusaka and Daniel Chansa in Ndola on 27 Dec 2018
Kabushi PF member of parliament Bowman Lusambo has advised party members on the Copperbelt to vote for someone who is not serving as mayor or member of parliament to the position of party chairman saying they will have divided attention.
Lusambo has since thrown his weight behind Mike Manda, saying the Copperbelt deserves to be led by mature, committed and down to earth people.
But Luanshya Mayor Nathan Chanda’s supporters have warned Lusambo not to breed confusion in the province by supporting his preferred candidates in silence.
“As we now focus on the elections for the Copperbelt Provincial Executive due to take place this weekend, allow me to share with you why I believe the new Provincial Chairman must be no other than Mike Manda. I therefore declare that Team Mike is the only way the party will move forward in the province. As a key member of the PF in the Province, I wish to remind the entire electoral college to vote for a group of men and women that are loyalty to President Edgar Chagwa Lungu and the party and will work to ensure the growth and sustainability of the PF on the Copperbelt. As you all know, the Copperbelt is the heartbeat of the PF and it therefore follows that those elected to lead this mighty party should be men and women who are mature, committed, down to earth with proven abilities to mobilise the grassroots. In my long years in politics, the Almighty God has blessed with a good ability to read the political seasons and I can confidently declare that Mike is headed for a landslide victory,” Lusambo stated in a statement which he posted on his Facebook page ahead of the intra-party elections slated for this weekend.
“Due to the complexity of the Province, there is need to usher in a leader who can easily bring different people together in one boat and Mike qualifies. The next leader of the party in the province should be one who can influence the growth of the party in these two different regions and Mike qualifies. Due to the heavy work load, the Provincial Chairman for the party on the Province should be one who is a full time worker and 100% dedicated to the cause of growing the party in the province. The party does not need a part time Chairman who will offer it divided attention. As stated above, the position of Provincial Chairman can be taxing on one’s time. It is therefore important that one is given this responsibility to lead the party in the Province is not a serving Member of Parliament, a Councilor or even a Mayor. This is critical because a Chairman who has other equally important assignments such as attending Parliamentary sessions or Committee meetings in Lusaka and traveling around the country and the world as assigned by the Speaker will devote little time to organizing the team.”
Lusambo also urged members to vote for Kitwe Mayor Christopher Kang’ombe as provincial deputy chairman, against Chifubu PF member of parliament Frank Ng’ambi who is aspiring for the same position.
“This is why Mr Manda will be deputized by Kitwe Mayor His Worship Christopher Kangombe, a proven community leader who will use a bottom-up approach in addressing the concerns from members, this way, it will guarantee that every PF member on the Copperbelt will have a say on how the party is functioning,” stated Lusambo.
But Nathan Chanda’s supporters have warned Lusambo against bringing confusion in the Copperbelt Provincial PF elections.
A member of Chanda’s campaign team, Felix Mumba, has warned that Lusambo will not be entertained.
“The directions and instructions are clear that ministers should not be part of these elections. Yes, Bowman is MP for Kabushi but we won’t allow his campaigns to divide the Copperbelt. Let him support whoever he wants in silence. He does not know anything about Copperbelt. We fought for the party and we will fight for it. So ba Bowman, don’t push us very much. Stay away from the Copperbelt,” warned Mumba.
“It is the interest of the party first and not individuals. We love the party and we will defend it in anyway. So those that think and want to divide us should not push us.”
Mumba said this after holding campaigns in Bwana Mukubwa constituency.Related ItemsHeadlines
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (2,361 views)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (2,118 views)
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,661 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,654 view)
- State witness in Chimese’s case in court for perjury (1,045 view)
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend