by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Nov 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala and Stuart Lisulo on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Nov 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga and Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Nov 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Elias Banda on 15 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 14 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 12 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
Those questioning my wealth can go to hell – BowmanBy Julia Malunga on 6 Nov 2019
Lusaka Province Minister Bowman Lusambo has bragged that he has the money and capacity to donate anything he wants, insisting that people asking about the source of his money should go to hell.
And Lusambo says as member of parliament for Kabushi constituency in Ndola, he was allowed to donate a generator to a hospital there unlike UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema who did not have a constituency to donate to.
On Sunday, Lusambo handed over three of the four donated generators valued at K1 million to three clinics in his constituency, and pledged to provide 210 litres of diesel for the gen-sets on a monthly basis.
Commenting on the huge donation, netizens on social media called on the lawmaker to account for the money he used to donate the gen-sets.
But in an interview, Monday, Lusambo said he was not obliged to state where he sourced his money from.
“It is my money! Anyone who wants to know about my money, let them go to hell! Do they know me? Do they know my private life? Or they just know that I am a politician? I am not obliged to start talking to people about the business I deal in. I am a (Provincial) Minister and a member of parliament; what else do they want? They will continue criticizing because that is not the only thing I have donated. I will continue donating, a big one is coming! The shocker is coming. They are even criticizing the money they don’t have. I will only be derailed if the people of Kabushi say ‘no, we don’t need this thing.’ I have a duty to uplift the living standards of the people in Kabushi,” Lusambo said.
But when asked why Hichilema was barred from donating a generator in Chawama constituency when he was equally doing the same, Lusambo said HH did not have a constituency to donate to.
“Does he have a constituency? Let him go and find a constituency in Southern Province! When he has a constituency, he will be at liberty to donate whatever things which he wants. I am donating in Kabushi because that is my constituency. And they elected me to administer the affairs of Kabushi constituency. Now, which authority was he using in Chawama? As who? Because HH is just like a street kid. Can you compare me a lawmaker, a government minister, to a private citizen like HH? Even when companies which are in my constituency want to donate they will come through me or through the constituency executive as part of corporate social responsibility, but he wanted to go Chawama as what?” asked Lusambo.
About Julia Malunga
Julia is a curious journalist who is determined to unearth the truth and is good at criminal investigations.
Email: julia [at] diggers [dot] news
- UPND has never supported gay rights – HH - 15 Nov 2019
- Numerous police checkpoints hurting Zambia’s economy – Mwiimbu - 14 Nov 2019
- Youths failing to repay empowerment seed money – Minister - 14 Nov 2019
- It’s unfortunate Lungu is unwilling to ask former ministers to pay back – LAZ - 13 Nov 2019
- Zesco, Eskom deal still in limbo - 13 Nov 2019
- How Mushimba influenced UNZA to pass his wife who failed 2 medical courses (8,366 views)
- DEC arrests Amos for corrupt practices (1,799 view)
- I am ready to face DEC, says Amos (1,615 view)
- Court awards K3.3m damages to family of ZAF officer who died in police custody (1,144 view)
- KCM workers, exam pupils hospitalised in Chingola after inhaling toxic gas from Nchanga Mine (1,067 view)
- Chief Mukuni urged people to vote UPND in 2016, reveals Commission of Inquiry
- Enemies want to divide us as we get to 2021 – Lungu
- PF rule has no respect for human life – ZCCB
- Load shedding, kwacha depreciation slashing business performance – BCI
- Govt will get $2.03bn loan from China for Chipata-Serenje Railway project, reveals Minister
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both
- I'm at the bottom but God has a plan, says Mutati as Nevers meets Lungu
- HH among directors of company seeking to mine in Lower Zambezi - Musukwa tells parley
- Yes, Zambia’s debt is criminal!
- Govt cancelled presidential jet purchase due to austerity measures – Wina
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend