A 25-YEAR-OLD woman of Mufulira has died after she was electrocuted while hanging her clothes on a drying line. According to police, the drying line had contact with the iron sheets, which also had contact with a live electricity cable on the roof, hence the incident. In a statement, Copperbelt Police Commissioner Peacewell Mweemba said the incident happened after the deceased finished washing her clothes and went to hang them on the drying line. He said the victim sustained severe body burns. “Mufulira [recorded a case of] electrocution [which] occurred on January 10, 2022 at 15:30 hours in Mokambo [township], in which Jessica Mulenga aged 40 of Mufulira, reported that her niece by the name of Hellen Mutale age 25…...

To continue reading this premium content, login to your account or Subscribe to our ePaper using the buttons below.
Log In Subscribe