- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 19 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Magistrate allows public to visit HHBy Mukosha Funga on 24 May 2017
Lusaka magistrate David Simusamba has allowed members of the public to visit UPND president Hakainde Hichilema and his co-accused in prison.
This follows a meeting held in his chambers to resolve preliminary issues raised by the defense team this morning.
Informing party symperthisers at the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court after the meeting, defense lawyer Jack Mwiimbu revealed that magistrate Simusamba had cancelled restrictions on who was allowed to visit the opposition leader.
“I know that there has been some anxiety on what has been happening. You heard the issues we raised in the open court pertaining to accessing the court premises and the visitations. Orders have been made to the prison authorities that everyone, I repeat, everyone, friends, relatives and other colleagues who are willing and are able to visit the president and his accused persons, are free to visit him on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so that is the position,” Mwiimbu said.
He further revealed that magistrate Simusamba had directed police to make the court premises more accessible.
“On the issues of access to members of the public, directions have been given to the police to ensure that those who are coming to court are allowed access to these premises, that is what we have agreed. The police command was present and the officer in-charge Chimbokaila prison was present, those are the directives of the magistrate. The visiting hour will be the normal visiting hour, there is a normal visiting hour at prison and that is the time you can go. You cannot go any time, no. The normal visiting hour, that’s when you can go,” said Mwiimbu.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- We haven’t warned of a shutdown – Mopani - 19 Aug 2017
- Africa must unite and fight neo-colonialism – Mwila - 19 Aug 2017
- Awkward: Maimane rejects Lungu’s invitation to meet - 19 Aug 2017
- Maimane, Malema have accepted invitation to meet Lungu – Mwamba - 19 Aug 2017
- Mwanawasa was a visionary – HH - 19 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend