by Natasha Sakala on 22 Jul 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Jul 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Stuart Lisulo on 21 Jul 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Jul 2019by Natasha Sakala on 18 Jul 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 18 Jul 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 21 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Jul 2019
by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jun 2019by Martha Mwanza and Felix Kashweka on 21 Jun 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Prof Muna Ndulo on 21 Jul 2019by Dr Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Jun 2019by Chewe Chishala on 22 Jun 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 11 Jun 2019
Monze resident sues Chingola man over K195,000 debtBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 7 Sep 2018[easy-social-share counters=0 counter_pos="hidden" total_counter_pos="right" template="20" style="icon" point_type="simple"]
A Monze resident has dragged a Chingola man, Bwalya Chishimba Kambwili, to court for failing to pay back K195,000 debt borrowed in 2016.
Bizwell Zulu is claiming for payment of the said debt, plus interest and costs.
In a statement of claim filed in the Lusaka High Court, Zulu stated that he used to reside in Chingola before he moved to Monze District.
He stated that by oral agreement made between the two in 2016, Bwalya borrowed money from him on various dates, which culminated to K195,000.
“Between the plaintiff and the defendant in 2016, the defendant borrowed money from the plaintiff on various dates, which culminated in a total debt of K195,000 as at August 31, 2016. In pursuant of the said oral agreement, the plaintiff lent the defendant the money,” read the statement of claim.
Zulu stated that Bwalya had in breach of the said oral agreement, failed to pay the sum of K195,000 which was lent to him.
He now claims for payment of K195,000 being money lent to Bwalya, interest on the money from September 1, 2016 to date and costs.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians. She draws inspiration from journalists who stand for what is right and are not afraid to tell and show the truth to the people.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- CK applies to remove ECZ from his petition against Matibini’s decision to declare Roan seat vacant - 22 Jul 2019
- Mukata seeks to challenge death sentence in Supreme Court - 22 Jul 2019
- High Court throws out Musenge’s application to nullify CK’s NDC presidency - 19 Jul 2019
- Registrar explains how Lungu applied to add the name “Chagwa” on NRC - 18 Jul 2019
- Air traffic controller in court for saying Lungu is sick and would die in 2yrs - 18 Jul 2019
- KCM liquidation may cost Zambia like LapGreenN – PeP
- Institute of Architects probes Woodlands accident
- CK applies to remove ECZ from his petition against Matibini’s decision to declare Roan seat vacant
- Mukata seeks to challenge death sentence in Supreme Court
- Mansa Police launch manhunt for father who defiled 9-year-old daughter
Subscribe for email alerts