- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Banker seeks separation from hubby for denying her conjugal rightsBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 May 2019
A banker has asked the Lusaka High Court for a judicial separation from her accountant husband on grounds that he does not provide financial support to the family and has deprived her conjugal rights for four years now.
According to a judicial separation filed in the Lusaka High Court, May 17, Miriam Chibinga Simataa who has sued Simataa Simataa as respondent, stated that the two celebrated their marriage at Grace Mission International Exploits in Lusaka on April 9, 2011.
She added that the couple were currently living together in Garden House, Lusaka.
Chibinga explained that she was a banker while her husband was an accountant and they had two children of the family.
She, however, added that Simataa had one child before their marriage.
Chibinga stated that Simataa had behaved in an unreasonable manner and, therefore, she found it intolerable to live with him.
She stated that Simataa had been depriving her conjugal rights for a period of four years now and had also refused to go for any marital counselling to try and resolve their matrimonial disputes.
Chibinga stated that Simataa had continuously neglected to provide financial support to his family and was also having an affair with another woman.
“The respondent has continuously neglected to provide financial support to the children of the family and left the petitioner with huge burden of maintaining the home and the children, including paying the school fees for the children of the family. The petitioner discovered that the respondent had been having extra marital affair with another woman,” she stated.
Chibinga added that Simataa had been verbally obnoxious towards her in front of the children, adding that he had behaved in such a manner that she could not reasonably be expected to live with him.
She now prays that the judicial separation is granted and that the parties share joint custody of the children of the family.
Chibinga further prays that Simataa maintains her and the children of the family.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Soko not entitled to any of his claims, RTSA tells court - 21 Feb 2020
- Kambwili has the right to criticize govt, ZNBC staffer tells court - 21 Feb 2020
- ConCourt throws out LAZ’s application to jail Tutwa for contempt - 21 Feb 2020
- Court orders release of IMS boss’ passport - 20 Feb 2020
- $1m claim in costs by Rephidim, 2 others is inflated, says Vedanta - 20 Feb 2020
- PF official gets terrorism charges over gassing (14,455 views)
- Where is the father while the mother weeps “amwa peeling?” (13,114 views)
- ACC probes Health Minister for corruption (8,305 views)
- Gassing can't be stopped in one day - State House (7,546 views)
- Top Chingola cops implicated in gassing incidences (6,735 views)
- Lungu wants Kambwili back in PF, claims GBM
- Wina is lying, Zambia suffering because of theft in govt, not because of by-elections - Sangwa
- Enjoy the sweet, but remember Guy Scott who sweated for it
- Where is the father while the mother weeps “amwa peeling?”
- Gassing can't be stopped in one day - State House
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «February 2020»
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- PF official gets terrorism charges over gassing
- It’s every man for himself under Lungu – Milupi
- ACC probes Health Minister for corruption
- Chilubi outcome shows 2021 polls won’t be free and fair – AVAP
- Criminals are changing tactics, soldiers can’t root them out instantly – Chama
- Bill 10 has polarized Zambia – Kabimba
- Lungu renews Bible Society membership, as netizens drag him back to gassing
- Soko not entitled to any of his claims, RTSA tells court
- Interest rates rise to 28%
- Lumezi MP backs Bill 10
- Southern Province in internet blackout
- Cooperatives must be used as viable businesses, Mungalaba tells entrepreneurs
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend