- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Lusaka woman in court over fake job dealBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Jan 2020
A 28-year-old businesswoman of Lusaka has been dragged to court for allegedly obtaining money from another by falsely pretending that she would employ her dependent in the Zambia Police Service.
In this matter, Precious Himululi is facing one count of obtaining money by false pretence, contrary to Section 309 of the Penal Code Chapter 87 of the laws of Zambia.
It is alleged that on September 28, 2019, in Lusaka, Himululi with intent to deceive or defraud obtained K10,000 cash from Encyla Chipwata by falsely pretending that she would employ her dependent in the Zambia Police Service when in fact not.
When the matter was called for allocation, Himululi, who is on police bond was not before court.
She is expected to appear before Magistrate Jenipher Bwalya for plea.
In another matter, four Pembe Milling Company security guards have appeared in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court for allegedly stealing empty sacks from the company.
In this matter, Pachalo Chanda, 32; Webby Kapesa, 29; Paul Simungala, 25, and Shadreck Chikola, 25, all of Lusaka are charged with theft by servant, contrary to Section 272 and 278 of the Penal Code Chapter 87 of the laws of Zambia.
It is alleged that between December 22, 2019, and December 23, 2019, in Lusaka, the three being persons employed by Pembe Milling Company as security guards, jointly and whilst acting together, stole 16 bales 500 x 50 kilogrammes of empty sacks valued at K29,000, property of the said employer.
The four will be appearing before Magistrate Alice Walusiku for plea.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Court sets March 5 for hearing application in Kabulonga teachers, retirees’ eviction case - 29 Jan 2020
- Chanda, Soko deny receiving bribes from IMS - 29 Jan 2020
- Court hears how Lusaka man defiled 8-yr-old niece’s friend - 29 Jan 2020
- Kaputo gets death sentence for killing Precious - 29 Jan 2020
- Maureen sues Bonanza, Wellcash Debt Recovery over botched loan agreement - 24 Jan 2020
- Suspected ritual killers turn into cats when we try to arrest them - Katanga (3,594 views)
- It’d be dangerous to give PF another 5 years under Lungu – Kambwili (2,426 views)
- Kaputo gets death sentence for killing Precious (2,381 views)
- Lusaka teacher gets 1 year for corruption (2,271 views)
- Chingola riots a sign of people's anger against govt lies (2,107 views)
- Lungu’s chances of winning 2021 are nil – Sangwa
- Copper prices maintain downward trend amid fast-spreading Corona outbreak
- Lungu hails revamped $35m Zamanita plant
- Sumaili washes hands on Seer 1: I can’t confirm if anyone got his power
- Court sets March 5 for hearing application in Kabulonga teachers, retirees’ eviction case
- Sinda residents stole from me instead of helping after my accident, laments Mkaika MP
- Porn addicts fail to function in marriages, says Sumaili
- Challenge me, but if you rock the boat, we’ll throw you out - Lungu
- Chingola riots a sign of people's anger against govt lies
- Those who see our mistakes must advise us - UPND
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
Send this to a friend