- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 23 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017by Nic Cheeseman on 7 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 18 Jun 2017
Iris for presidentBy Joseph Mwenda on 12 Dec 2016
IRIS, you were found guilty of producing a pornographic video with your boyfriend at college, what is your advice to young people?
IRIS Kaingu: “I would say that they should not record themselves having sex? These things are meant to be private and even my own privacy has been taken away from me so much that I feel that’s not the way I intended it to happen. I would like to show myself as an example as to what could happen if something like that landed in the wrong hands.”
I thought you would be advising teenagers to totally abstain from illicit sex Iris, rather than educating them on which right or left hands it is supposed to land in. But I will not ask you to explain that. Just tell me, what’s next for you?
“In three years’ time, I will be 27 and I hope that by then, I would have finished my masters which I am doing right now and then I will fully plunge myself into politics.”
Wait a minute… you mean like Iris for president? Hell No! We don’t have enough noble, qualified members of Cabinet for you to appoint yet.
Okay, let’s say you will have Bobby East for vice-president, Vincent Palani for foreign affairs minister, Teddy Malekani for sports, Mainga Mwaanga at energy, Bwalya Chikwanda as gender minister, and then what? What about the Ministry of Information and the rest? And most importantly, who will be in charge of ZNBC to ensure that your Cabinet undertakings are well documented and televised?
And by the way, sorry ZNBC staff, I was mean last week when I condemned you for demanding the removal of your management.
If I knew that your management was so dead that it could not even notice that we are now in 2015 and the agriculture show theme has changed, I would have joined in your protest.
No wonder Gerald Shawa quit his job at ZNBC to start his own television station, and look, he is doing better than you guys. Shame on you ZNBC management!
Anyway, so that’s that my dear Iris, what I think you should do is to join a serious corporate company and try to build your Public Relations career from there. And a good starting point would be Lusaka Water, because the guy there called Topsy Sikalinda has failed.
TOPSY Sikalinda posted on Facebook: “I think people need to be serious with the journalists they send to my office. This journalist asks me: ‘What are you doing as Lusaka Water to ensure that enough water is pumped in the Kariba Dam to reduce the load-shedding by Zesco?”
Although Topsy was laughing at this intelligent question from a ZNBC journalist, I think he missed an opportunity to give a deserving explanation.
That’s why I say Henry Kapata is the best PR manager in this country. Yes, I said it! And I can give you examples of how a sharp PR officer answers questions.
Henry KAPATA as Lusaka City Council PR manager: “…That is a good question, but we can’t arrest the prostitutes around the city because there is no law that stops them from being out there at night. However, what we are doing as a council is to arrest them for vandalising Billboards and street light poles which they hold on to when conducting their business.”
“As for the second question, we are concerned and worried indeed as LCC about the lack of proper planning in the city. We see a lot of people jogging early in the morning around town and the first impression you get is that they are keeping fit when in fact they are looking for toilets. So we are moving in to build a number of public toilets to stop people from running around unnecessarily.”
That’s my man and that’s it for today.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu expels Kambwili, Musenge from PF - 22 Jul 2017
- Russia to deliver 4 superjets to Zambia in 2018, plus one for Head of State – Media - 22 Jul 2017
- Govt announces Threatened State of Emergency regulations - 21 Jul 2017
- PF is being run by frustrated SG and deputy, they wanted to be ministers – youths - 21 Jul 2017
- Zambia withdraws from hosting 2019 AfCON - 21 Jul 2017
- Lungu expels Kambwili, Musenge from PF
- I'm a threat to the sole candidate - Kambwili
- PF is being run by frustrated SG and deputy, they wanted to be ministers - youths
- Russia to deliver 4 superjets to Zambia in 2018, plus one for Head of State - Media
- Kapata mocks Lusaka Mayor over suggestion to bury Zesco cables
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend