- by Patricia Mbewe on 16 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 12 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
“It’s citizens to decide now which Zambia they want”By Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017
There was never a time when it looked like Candidate Edgar Lungu would be a good President.
It was always clear that our democratic, economic and social gains would all regress under him. But somehow, we bought into the twaddle of a humble President blah blah. PF being the first to allow his bizarre rise to office.
Then they shielded him from any real interaction with the public that would allow citizens to see the vacuum at the centre of man’s candidature. Well here we are now. Not too many citizens could have imagined Zambia so divided, so violent, Ministers that promise to murder citizens, words like terror bandied around with no care for what they mean.
It is up to citizens now to decide which Zambia they want? Do they want this new Zambia to stay? It will not only stay but get worse if we allow this President, these Ministers to continue to have their way with absolutely no citizen checks.
This is not the time to retreat in fear. Do not break the law but speak up. Make it clear to power holders the Zambia you want. They serve at your pleasure.
About Laura Miti
Laura grew up in Zambia where she obtained a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Education from the University of Zambia. She also holds a Masters Degree in History obtained from the University of Fort Hare. She worked as a researcher in the Parliament of Zambia and then taught School Certificate English before taking up various positions in Zambia’s civil society where she has vast experience doing advocacy work. She was particularly involved in the constitutional review processes.
- I knew Sata would fire me because I always spoke my mind – Wynter - 16 Oct 2017
- Pa Chilata to host U-20 COSAFA Cup - 16 Oct 2017
- Persons with disabilities lack legal protection – HRC - 16 Oct 2017
- How to stop being clingy and enjoy being alone - 16 Oct 2017
- Zanaco confident of first Barclays Cup trophy - 15 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend