- by Natasha Sakala on 22 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
FAZ reports Burundi to CAF over age cheatingBy Alex Chilumbwe on 26 Jul 2018
The Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) has appealed to CAF over alleged aged cheating by Burundi under-20 national team.
FAZ communications manager, Desmond Katongo, said in a press statement yesterday that Zambia has formally lodged a complaint to CAF over the Burundi Football Federation’s decision to use overaged players in the under-20 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier.
Katongo said FAZ has asked CAF to thoroughly investigate the background of the Burundi players.
“All the players playing under-20 must have previously played under-17 and underwent Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) tests. If the players have no previous under-17 records, that should indicate age manipulation. There is need for CAF to undertake validation checks using the CAF database as we have no direct proof to ascertain the correct ages of the Burundi players since the same information is only provided by the Burundi Football Federation.
For a player to be in under-20, when did they get registration to play in their local league. CAF can call for such records for secondary validation. If there is no record, then that should immediately be a signal of age manipulation,” Katongo said.
He said FAZ is further informed that Zambian players were subjected to physical intimidation and metal detectors used by soldiers during training and before playing the game.Related Items
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (2,257 views)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (1,907 view)
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,636 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,594 view)
- State witness in Chimese’s case in court for perjury (1,022 view)
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend