- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
UPND claim HH’s health deterioratingBy Mukosha Funga on 15 Apr 2017
UPND says the Patriotic Front will be held responsible for anything that might happen to party leader Hakainde Hichilema whilst in police custody.
In a statement today, Kakoma asked authorities to take HH’s health seriously.
“The Zambian authorities should take this matter seriously. As a party, we would like to warn the Patriotic Front government that they will be held responsible for anything that will happen to Mr Hichilema while he is in their Police custody,” Kakoma stated.
He disclosed that HH’s health had deteriorated and proposed independent investigations to ascertain what kind of chemicals were used to tear gas his bedroom.
“United Party For National Development ( UPND) President Hakainde Hichilema’s health is deteriorating. Mr Hichilema, who was detained on Thursday by government at Lilayi Police Training Camp on tramped up charges of treason, has been unwell since then. He had earlier told his lawyer Jack Mwiimbu that he was unwell following the brutal attack and inhuman gassing of his home. Police have imposed a blanket ban on anyone wishing to visit Mr Hichilema. But today, Saturday, when the wife managed to visit him, she found him in a worse condition than before,” stated Kakoma.
“As UPND, we demand that Mr Hichilema should be subjected to rigorous medical tests and treatment by independent doctors who are free from government interference. We also wish to request the international community and human rights organisations to intervene in this matter. In particular, we wish to ask Scotland Yard of the United Kingdom or any other reputable organisation to investigate the chemicals that were used to teargas Mr Hichilema’s bedroom.”
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- DPP enters nolle in IG case against Tayali - 18 Aug 2017
- ZANASU drags Luo to court over threats to ban students unions - 17 Aug 2017
- Minister explains mandatory HIV testing policy - 17 Aug 2017
- HH’s release first step towards restoring democracy in Zambia – Maimane - 17 Aug 2017
- Freeing HH proves Judiciary is independent – PF - 16 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend