by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
UPND claim HH’s health deterioratingBy Mukosha Funga on 15 Apr 2017
UPND says the Patriotic Front will be held responsible for anything that might happen to party leader Hakainde Hichilema whilst in police custody.
In a statement today, Kakoma asked authorities to take HH’s health seriously.
“The Zambian authorities should take this matter seriously. As a party, we would like to warn the Patriotic Front government that they will be held responsible for anything that will happen to Mr Hichilema while he is in their Police custody,” Kakoma stated.
He disclosed that HH’s health had deteriorated and proposed independent investigations to ascertain what kind of chemicals were used to tear gas his bedroom.
“United Party For National Development ( UPND) President Hakainde Hichilema’s health is deteriorating. Mr Hichilema, who was detained on Thursday by government at Lilayi Police Training Camp on tramped up charges of treason, has been unwell since then. He had earlier told his lawyer Jack Mwiimbu that he was unwell following the brutal attack and inhuman gassing of his home. Police have imposed a blanket ban on anyone wishing to visit Mr Hichilema. But today, Saturday, when the wife managed to visit him, she found him in a worse condition than before,” stated Kakoma.
“As UPND, we demand that Mr Hichilema should be subjected to rigorous medical tests and treatment by independent doctors who are free from government interference. We also wish to request the international community and human rights organisations to intervene in this matter. In particular, we wish to ask Scotland Yard of the United Kingdom or any other reputable organisation to investigate the chemicals that were used to teargas Mr Hichilema’s bedroom.”
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster - 19 Sep 2019
- Lungu fires 3 permanent secretaries, makes reshuffles - 3 Sep 2019
- ZRA resolves $7.6 billion tax “evasion” by Kalumbila, waives some penalties - 26 Aug 2019
- Kabwe children contaminated with toxic Lead, reveals Human Rights Watch - 26 Aug 2019
- Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunk - 25 Aug 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (12,202 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (1,974 view)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,776 view)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,293 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (988 views)
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend