- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Kampyongo was nothing, he’ll be nothing after govt – KabimbaBy Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
In this audio, Rainbow Party General Secretary Wynter Kabimba says he cannot lower himself to argue with Home Affairs Minister Stephen Kampyongo because he was nothing and he will be nothing after leaving government.
Recently, Kampyongo mocked Wynter, who is a former justice minister for calling the PF a chipante pante government and opposing to the invocation of Article 31 by President Edgar Lungu.
Kamyongo also described Kabimba as a political amateur adding that he only entered Parliament out of Michael Sata’s mercy.
But in an interview, Kabimba said it was a waste of time to argue with Kampyongo because he was nothing.
“To get into diatribes with a character like Kampyongo, to be honest with you is a waste of time. What am I supposed to say? That I am a good lawyer? What am I supposed to say? That is just to lower myself to his level. Am I the only lawyer who has disagreed with Lungu? No! LAZ has disagreed, so everybody in LAZ is not a good lawyer? So you can see that that debate is cheap. That’s my view. Can you line up my CV and Kampyongo’s CV and compare the two? Are you sure they are comparable? Kampyongo is just a human being as long as he remains Minister of Home Affairs. Once he is out of that place, Kampyongo will be nothing. He was nothing before he became minister, he will be nothing after he ceases to be minister. So to get into a debate with him in the press is really not a debate in my view.” Kabimba said.
Kabimba said being in the National Assembly was not a huge achievement.
“I heard him say that ‘oh Michael did him a favor by nominating him to Parliament’, is being a member of parliament in a third world country the highest achievement that anybody can look forward to? In fact I am happy that I was member of parliament and if I told you what I think about that parliament, the Speaker can cite me for contempt. If I honestly expressed my opinion, what I think about the quality of our National Assembly, it is not something that one would be proud of,” said Kabimba.
“So there are better issues we can discuss instead of discussing Kampyongo, we will just be elevating him to some level where he shouldn’t be. This is the man who thinks he can divorce his wife because now women who couldn’t have said yes to him have said yes because he is minister. How can I argue with a human being like that? How many ministers have we seen who marry and immediately they are out, the women they married tells them ‘you are just a useless character’, they are many on the list you can put and I am sure Kampyongo will go the same route. So my view is that that should not be a debate that we should be pushing forward. I don’t have a small mind myself, I have a big mind and I am very objective.”
Take a listen:
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Court throws out K5bn suit against Mutinta Hichilema - 16 Dec 2017
- NDC attackers are PF sympathisers, but not our members – Kamba - 16 Dec 2017
- Miles rejoins PF, endorses Lungu for 2021 - 14 Dec 2017
- Solicitor General challenges subpoena against Silungwe - 13 Dec 2017
- Let ZAWA complain about my rat song, not PF – Pilato - 13 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend