- by Osward Sichone in Kafue on 21 Oct 2017by Anastasia Kasongo on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Kampyongo was nothing, he’ll be nothing after govt – KabimbaBy Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
In this audio, Rainbow Party General Secretary Wynter Kabimba says he cannot lower himself to argue with Home Affairs Minister Stephen Kampyongo because he was nothing and he will be nothing after leaving government.
Recently, Kampyongo mocked Wynter, who is a former justice minister for calling the PF a chipante pante government and opposing to the invocation of Article 31 by President Edgar Lungu.
Kamyongo also described Kabimba as a political amateur adding that he only entered Parliament out of Michael Sata’s mercy.
But in an interview, Kabimba said it was a waste of time to argue with Kampyongo because he was nothing.
“To get into diatribes with a character like Kampyongo, to be honest with you is a waste of time. What am I supposed to say? That I am a good lawyer? What am I supposed to say? That is just to lower myself to his level. Am I the only lawyer who has disagreed with Lungu? No! LAZ has disagreed, so everybody in LAZ is not a good lawyer? So you can see that that debate is cheap. That’s my view. Can you line up my CV and Kampyongo’s CV and compare the two? Are you sure they are comparable? Kampyongo is just a human being as long as he remains Minister of Home Affairs. Once he is out of that place, Kampyongo will be nothing. He was nothing before he became minister, he will be nothing after he ceases to be minister. So to get into a debate with him in the press is really not a debate in my view.” Kabimba said.
Kabimba said being in the National Assembly was not a huge achievement.
“I heard him say that ‘oh Michael did him a favor by nominating him to Parliament’, is being a member of parliament in a third world country the highest achievement that anybody can look forward to? In fact I am happy that I was member of parliament and if I told you what I think about that parliament, the Speaker can cite me for contempt. If I honestly expressed my opinion, what I think about the quality of our National Assembly, it is not something that one would be proud of,” said Kabimba.
“So there are better issues we can discuss instead of discussing Kampyongo, we will just be elevating him to some level where he shouldn’t be. This is the man who thinks he can divorce his wife because now women who couldn’t have said yes to him have said yes because he is minister. How can I argue with a human being like that? How many ministers have we seen who marry and immediately they are out, the women they married tells them ‘you are just a useless character’, they are many on the list you can put and I am sure Kampyongo will go the same route. So my view is that that should not be a debate that we should be pushing forward. I don’t have a small mind myself, I have a big mind and I am very objective.”
Take a listen:
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on – GBM - 21 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition – JCC - 20 Oct 2017
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows - 20 Oct 2017
- Ministry warns of Cholera spread if UPND rally goes ahead - 20 Oct 2017
- Police allow UPND rally - 19 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- We are not a university for the poor - UNZA
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi's jersey at Day of Prayer
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend