- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
NDC attackers are PF sympathisers, but not our members – KambaBy Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017
Patriotic Front Lusaka Province youth chair Kennedy Kamba says the people who attacked NDC officials at 5Fm Radio on Thursday are not PF members but just party sympathisers.
And Kamba says he is not a violent person.
At a media briefing today, Kamba said although those who attacked NDC officials were not members of the party but sympathisers, police should bring them to book.
“The people who are attacking them, of course they are sympathisers of the party but they are not members of the party. Remember this party, this government was not only voted for by PF members, they were voted by people who are not even members of the party so when they continue to insult, when they continue to demean the person they voted for, would they be happy? They should stop demeaning the president,” Kamba said.
“We know that Chishimba Kambwili and Mwenya Musenge’s party the NDC, they have continued to insult or demean the office of the President. And that is very provocative. They are saying we destroyed NDC vehicles, that is a blue lie! The time those things were happening, that is exactly the time and the day we were receiving Miles Sampa here. I recognise the same faces that are here are the same ones which were there when we were receiving Miles Sampa.”
And Kamba says neither himself nor President Lungu are violent people.
“We are a pro poor party, we are a non violent party. The President Edgar Chagwa Lungu from Chawama constituency, he has been known from Chawama not to be a violent person. I myself, I have been known not to be a violent person. Commando here, I can testify is not a violent person…so let us go and tell the people of Zambia, let them tell us, what is it that we are failing as a party, as government? Because insulting Edgar Chagwa Lungu, our president, who was voted by the majority vote, the 50 plus one, it is very provocative and I know, as your youth leader in Lusaka, how you are feeling when they insult our president,” he said.
“The media, go and challenge Kambwili and Mwenya Musenge, let them stop insulting the elected president of this country. Let them stop demeaning the office of the president because he was elected with the 50 plus one majority vote.”
Kamba charged that NDC national youth chairman Charles Kabwita insulted him today.
“Just as I was coming to address this briefing, I was called by their national chairperson Kabwita, and I have his number I am going to share it. He was insulting me, telling me that I have loaded buses to disrupt their meeting, what a shame. And I told them ‘go ahead and meet the people of Kafue, me I am in Lusaka I am going to address a press briefing’. Those are not the politics we want to engage in with NDC. Have you heard of Elias Chipimo being attacked by the public?” he asked.
“Corruption allegations are coming from politicians who are failures, prostitute politicians like Goodson Banda, he has been in four political parties in a space of two years and when you talk about their national youth chairperson Kabwita, he was a councillor, he was also a councillor for Chimwemwe ward in Chimwemwe constituency. He knows what he did to the people of Chimwemwe in terms of allocation of plots. Up to now, those cases are still there. Are we talking about it? No! because we have reported them. We know who Mwenya Musenge is, he is a constituency failure. He stood as a member of parliament under our party ticket and he was beaten pants down by our constituency chairperson Mwila Mutale who is today an independent MP. Can they lead a country when they failed at constituency level?”
Meanwhile, Kamba asked police to bring the NDC attackers to book.
“I want to warn you the youth to leave the police to do their jobs without any intolerance. So let the police bring to book the culprits, including those who attacked NDC at 5Fm,” said Kamba.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India - 21 Aug 2019
- Lungu won’t meet Vedanta boss, clarifies Chipampe - 20 Aug 2019
- We can give mine licenses to Zambians, but we also need foreign investors – Musukwa - 19 Aug 2019
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president - 14 Aug 2019
- Lungu meets Vedanta boss, insists liquidation will proceed - 14 Aug 2019
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,570 view)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (1,437 view)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (927 views)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend