by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 20 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Bus driver in court for defiling 11-year-old daughterBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 May 2019
A 35-year-old minibus driver of Lusaka’s Mtendere Township has been dragged to court for allegedly having carnal knowledge of his 11-year-old daughter.
In this matter, Kunda Njobvu is charged with incest.
Particulars of the offence allege that between April 1 and 30, this year, Kunda had carnal knowledge of a girl knowing well that the same was his daughter.
However, when the matter came up, Thursday, magistrate Sylvia Munyinya informed Kunda that the matter was merely coming up for mention, awaiting instructions from the Director of Public Prosecutions to prosecute.
“You will not take plea because there is need to seek consent to prosecute this matter from the DPP,” she informed Kunda and read out the charge to him.
She then adjourned the matter to June 5, this year, for possible plea.
Meanwhile, a shopkeeper of Lusaka’s Kuku Compound has pleaded guilty to stealing Kiwi wax and shoe polish worth about K400 from Shoprite.
In this matter, Friday Chilonge, 35, is charged with theft.
Particulars of the offence allege that on April 24, this year, in Lusaka, Chilonge stole six Kiwi wax rich shine and 10x100mls of Kiwi shoe polish valued at K480, from Shoprite stores.
Chilonje appeared before magistrate Ruth Kapulo on Wednesday this week and admitted the charge.
And when he was asked why he stole the items, Chilonge said it was because he wanted to replace the things which went missing at his workplace.
He added that his supervisor had warned him to ensure that the stock which went missing should be replaced.
The matter comes up today, Friday, for sentencing.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- 7 Lumwana expatriates were lawfully fired, company tells court - 20 Sep 2019
- Tutwa reports Sangwa to LAZ for “professional misconduct” - 19 Sep 2019
- ConCourt sets Sept 27 for ruling on preliminary issues in LAZ Bill 10 case - 19 Sep 2019
- 120 people sue UPPZ leader for fraud over land - 18 Sep 2019
- Miles asks court to reduce child maintenance fee to K1,500 - 18 Sep 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (10,572 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (1,816 view)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,074 view)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (857 views)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (854 views)
- It’s against separation of powers for Parley to supervise executive – PF
- Continued abuse of Zesco will sustain Zambia’s power deficit – PAC
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo
- 7 Lumwana expatriates were lawfully fired, company tells court
- Lungu forcing self-driven Constitution on Zambians – Milupi
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend