- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Speaker will deal with UPND – LunguBy Mukosha Funga on 17 Mar 2017
President Edgar Lungu says he is not bothered by the UPND’s decision to shun his State of the Nation address today.
All UPND members of parliament, except Chilanga’s Keith Mukata, stayed away from Parliament this morning.
Speaking to journalists before he left for Swaziland to attend a SADC Summit, President Lungu said Speaker of the National Assembly Dr Patrick Matibini would deal with the UPND MPs as he was not bothered.
“I didn’t even feel it. You see, if I cook food and invite you to eat and you are hungry, you eat. But if you choose not to eat should I bother? No, I won’t bother. I don’t think there is anything to bother about. Those who want to talk can talk. If the opposition chooses to stay away, that’s parliamentary, they will be dealt with by the Speaker but for me, and my government which is the executive, we are on course and things are going very well,” President Lungu said.
And President Lungu said he could not defend himself against hallucinations.
He was responding to a question from a journalist who wanted his reaction to reports that he was under immense pressure from the international community who were disappointed with the manner in which the presidential petition was handled.
“Why do you want to distort information in this manner? The media is global, you can communicate with the world beyond Zambia and you know what people are saying about Zambia. Do I look like someone who is under pressure? From which angle? which pressure are you talking about? Why do you want to believe people who halucinate all the time?” asked President Lungu.
“Report what is happening and what’s happening in people’s minds to say ‘this has been said but it is happening in his head, this has been said and it is factual because we have impirical data. That’s how you do your balancing. Someone says ‘Zambia is on rocks’ what evidence have you got? ‘President Lungu is under siege from the international community’ ask the international community, be inquisitive, and be inquisitorial. Because some people are taking advantage of the absence of the media to deceive the Republic. I can’t defend myself against hallucinations.”Related Items
- It has now become a trend for traffic officers to be beaten - Munir Zulu
- Lungu has taken Zambians for fools – Chipimo
- Zambian professor melts hearts for helping single mother baby sit in his class
- It's hard to believe Kambwili's accusations in the absence of evidence - Wynter
- Kampyongo got three cars for awarding fire tender contract to Grandview - Kambwili
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend