- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Dissolving LAZ will divide Zambia – MulongotiBy Mukosha Funga on 20 Mar 2017
Kasama PF member of parliament Kelvin Sampa has moved a Private Member’s Bill seeking to dissolve the Law Association of Zambia.
In the “Law of Societies Bill” proposal advertised in the Zambia Daily Mail, Sampa seeks to introduce a Bill to repeal Cap 31 of the Republican Constitution.
But Mike Mulongoti says the Patriotic Front are trying to “dismember” the country by moving to dissolve the Law Association of Zambia and has urged well meaning Zambian to speak up and fight for the association save.
He observed that repealing LAZ was not going to be an easy war.
“This is a wakeup call for all of us. Do not think that we shall continue to be quiet over these matters. It’ll mean that we are being invited now to fight back because they are trying to dismember our country. They are trying to cause confusion in the country by bringing about things which are unnecessary. The PF government have got a lot to do, Mr Sampa is a member of PF. There are better things he can talk about like lack of food for his people, lack of fertilizer for his constituency and what have you. He must not waste time on matters that are irrelevant to his constituency. How does that affect his constituency in Kasama?” Mulongoti asked.
“It is not as easy as that. It is a war that can go on and on. LAZ has existed for a long time why suddenly when PF is in government they must find fault in them? Where were they all along? No! We refuse that tell ba Sampa nabalelya fye bwino nabena.We know that he is eating but let him not waste people’s time.”
Mulongoti wondered what Sampa’s motivation was.
“We are appealing to him to listen to his conscious, there are more serious things that as MP he can attend to than waste the tax payers money trying to pursue something which is of no concern to him.
This is the kind of leadership that we are against. What we want is people who have got concern for the welfare of the people, not to fight wars that are meaningless. Besides being a member of parliament, is he a member of LAZ? Does he have a locus standi so to speak? Where is his interest as a person?” Mulongoti asked.
“We have lawyers in that House. Why can’t a lawyer move a Private Members Bill other than a person who is not a member of LAZ? Because in the first place, we should ask ‘what is his interest in that issue?’ Because you must have locus standi in a matter before you can move it. He has got a right to move a motion as a private member but I can tell you, it is easy to see through his intentions because he is not a member of LAZ. It makes all this very funny. We expect a member of parliament to move a Private Members Motion which is relevant to their constituencies, their interest or whatever else of interest to them.”Related ItemsHeadlines
You may also like...
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- PF to remove Financial Intelligence boss
- ‘Wife’ sues Muvi TV owner over matrimonial house
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- 3 Zimbabwean women in court for stealing food from Pick n Pay
- Court refuses to resolve UNIP leadership wrangles
- PF will waste millions in compensation over illegally terminated contracts – TIZ
- Police place bounty on killers of Chinese national
- $25m ADB loan to building society will push national housing agenda – ZUFIAW
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend