- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Lungu has divided Zambia – GBMBy Mukosha Funga on 25 May 2017
UPND vice-president Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba says President Edgar Lungu has created high levels of terror and division among citizens which will take a lot of effort to mend.
In a statement today, GBM noted that Zambia was among the African countries where democratic tenets had been muzzled.
“The Africa Freedom Day is a moment of reflection on the persecution that our forefathers were subjected to under the colonial rule. It is a time when we should reflect on the literal meaning of freedom. Fundamental freedoms and rights of citizens are a beacon of every democratic dispensation. Sadly, Zambia is among a few African countries where democratic tenets have been muzzled. Unfortunately, this has been done under the guise of hypocrisy under the so- called leadership of Edgar Chagwa Lungu,” GBM stated.
“Edgar Chagwa Lungu has destroyed the country in all sectors. The incarceration of my president Hakainde Hichilema is a serious demonstration of the break down in the rule of law and a crack down on the fundamental principles of good governance. Edgar Chagwa Lungu should be reminded that the days of illegality and oppression he is championing will soon come to an end Am sure many of us have never imagined living in a country of insecurity, intolerance and evil as is the situation created by Chagwa. Chagwa Lungu created high levels of terror and division among citizens which will take a lot of effort to mend.”
GBM said people must hold President Lungu accountable for the hate, lawlessness and divisions in the country.
“He has conspired with evil to destroy democracy with impunity. He has taken away freedom of worship, freedom of conscience, freedom of assembly and association, including media freedom. One thing is clear that he will not get away with lawlessness. Soon the law will catch up with him. On this day, I call upon men and women, boys and girls to hold Edgar Chagwa Lungu accountable for the hate, lawlessness, nepotism and division he has created in the country. He has killed our freedom through evil, and hostility against those with dissenting views. I pray that the God of Abraham and Jacob Intervenes and redeem us from the powers of darkness,” stated GBM.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Mopani warns employees of possible shutdown - 18 Aug 2017
- VJ questions SADC, AU silence over HH persecution - 18 Aug 2017
- IG has accepted that he is incompetent – Tayali - 18 Aug 2017
- DPP enters nolle in IG case against Tayali - 18 Aug 2017
- ZANASU drags Luo to court over threats to ban students unions - 17 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend