- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Being unmarried doesn’t mean you are senseless, says Lungu as he sells single PF candidate for ChilubiBy Mukosha Funga on 11 Feb 2020
President Edgar Lungu yesterday asked Chilubi residents to give PF candidate Mulenga Fube a chance despite being unmarried saying being single did not make one senseless.
And President Lungu says only the PF can bring about development because they are in control on the country’s resources.
Meanwhile, President Lungu has begged Zambia’s four paramount chiefs to help end tribalism.
Speaking when he drummed up support for Fube in Matipa area, Sunday, President Lungu asked residents to give unmarried Fube a chance.
“Those who are coming with a message that ‘no, Mr Fube is not married’ he will get married soon. This is his time, leave him alone. Does it mean if someone is not married then they are senseless?…What wrong has Fube done? You should be saying sensible things. Find things to talk about. Fube is one of those who made the party and he knows that Sata wanted us to work for the poor,” President Lungu said.
And President Lungu said UPND and NDC could not develop Chilubi because they did not have the resources.
“UPND and NDC are lying to you that they are going to come and work on roads but where are they going to get the money from? Because the money is with me and my ministers. Even at the Minister of Finance Dr Bwalya Ngandu is a PF minister, I am the one who appointed him. So if we tell him to give us money to fix the road, he’ll give us. Even as I speak, he already removed K20 million to come here. We’re just waiting for the rains to subsidize so that we come to work on that road. Now when someone comes to tell you he’ll fix the roads where will he get the money from?” President Lungu asked.
“Those are lies, they shouldn’t be lying to you. You have seen that we are already working here using our money because we’re the ones who control Zambia’s money. Don’t get tired, there’s a lot we are doing here. There was no network but we have now brought network. There was no hospital here but we have now brought a hospital. So there’s a lot we are doing. We’re building schools, hospitals, and even electricity is on its way. Now how can someone come and tell you lies and you accept that?”
Meanwhile, speaking when he paid a courtesy call on paramount Chief Chitimukulu of the Bemba speaking people, Saturday, President Lungu begged the paramount chiefs to help end tribalism.
“There are only four of you; there’s the Lutuna, paramount chief Mpezeni, Gawa Undi and yourself. So please your royal highness, help us. Tribalism is once again showing it’s ugly head. And what I can say is tribal conflict which can escalate into wars in Zambia if we don’t handle it properly. The wrangle which is taking center stage now in terms of the maintenance of our law and order, I have reports that the clashes between the Lundas and the Luvales are heightening and your royal highnesses, we are looking up to you, the four of you are the most senior and we request that please take interest in what is going on there. I have to kneel down because I know what is going on,” begged President Lungu.
Paramount chief Chitimukulu assured the Head of State that he would engage his colleagues on how best to handle the matter.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Top Chingola cops implicated in gassing incidences - 19 Feb 2020
- Wina is lying, Zambia suffering because of theft in govt, not because of by-elections – Sangwa - 17 Feb 2020
- Legana factory is extremely clean, testifies Nawakwi - 12 Feb 2020
- Refusal to surrender power is treason – Musa - 12 Feb 2020
- Confusion rocks UNZA as management cuts ties with UNZALARU - 11 Feb 2020
- Top Chingola cops implicated in gassing incidences (22,381 views)
- State involved in gassing - HH (6,176 views)
- Gassing can't be stopped in one day - State House (5,056 views)
- Mazabuka mob drags suspect out of hospital, kills him (3,270 views)
- Police should interrogate GBM - CK (2,414 views)
- Lungu wants Kambwili back in PF, claims GBM
- Enjoy the sweet, but remember Guy Scott who sweated for it
- Wina is lying, Zambia suffering because of theft in govt, not because of by-elections - Sangwa
- Kalusha and three others disqualified from contesting FAZ presidency
- Lusaka in chaos after gassing, solders deployed to stop riots
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «February 2020»
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- Interest rates rise to 28%
- Lumezi MP backs Bill 10
- Southern Province in internet blackout
- Cooperatives must be used as viable businesses, Mungalaba tells entrepreneurs
- Where is the father while the mother weeps “amwa peeling?”
- Kambwili has the right to criticize govt, ZNBC staffer tells court
- ConCourt throws out LAZ’s application to jail Tutwa for contempt
- How Morgan turned K5 into K62,640.85 with betPawa
- Disruption of LAZ’s Bill 10 forum is another form of closing civic space – Phiri
- CCMG statement on Chilubi nothing but lies – Malama
- Schools won’t close because of gassing – Mabumba
- Police must explain involvement in gassing – Kambwili
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend