- by Natasha Sakala on 22 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Do not despair, victory is coming soon, UPND tells supportersBy Mukosha Funga on 28 Jul 2018
UPND Secretary General Stephen Katuka has asked party members not to despair because victory is coming “tomorrow”.
In a statement after losing the Lusaka mayoral election, Katuka also stated that the party leadership would take a serious introspection.
“On behalf of the United Party for National Development (UPND) ,I wish to thank all those that turned up to vote for the UPND Mayoral, Council Chairpersons and Councilor Candidates in the just ended local government elections. It is evident from many of our women, men and youths who turned up to vote that Zambians still have confidence in the UPND as a party of choice. While voter Apathy was at the centre of the past by election, we still have gallant men and women including youths who still hope for a better Zambia,” Katuka stated.
“May I also take this opportunity to remind the Zambians that during this period, the party leadership will take a serious introspection and is open to all good suggestions from concerned Zambians and the UPND general membership on how best we can together win future elections and remove the destructive Patriotic Front (PF) from power. The Patriotic Front depend on corruption, violence and cheating to win elections. As your party of choice, we wish to put it on record that we shall fight back and victory for Zambians is just around the corner.”
He stated that the UPND would hold rallies around the country to rekindle the hope which Zambians had in the party.
“The high level corruption which the PF have planted into the country resulting in some councilors defecting from the opposition to the ruling party is a temporary set back. Let it be known to every one that the corrupt councilors are not looking for Edgar Lungu’s leadership but after taxpayers money. We shall hold public rallies , meetings and tours across the nation to reassure and rekindle the hope that many of you Zambians have in UPND. Long live UPND, long live Zambian Voters. Victory is coming tomorrow,” stated Katuka.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India - 21 Aug 2019
- Lungu won’t meet Vedanta boss, clarifies Chipampe - 20 Aug 2019
- We can give mine licenses to Zambians, but we also need foreign investors – Musukwa - 19 Aug 2019
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president - 14 Aug 2019
- Lungu meets Vedanta boss, insists liquidation will proceed - 14 Aug 2019
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (2,270 views)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (1,930 view)
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,636 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,605 view)
- State witness in Chimese’s case in court for perjury (1,026 view)
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend